Kale Is among the ‘Most Nutrient-Dense Food on The Planet’. It is loaded with nutrients and very low in calories It is a member of the cabbage family and a very popular vegetable.
There are many different types and species of Kale, we grow Lacinato Kale or Italian Kale (Brassica Oleracea) at our farms. It has green and curly leaves and a hard, fibrous stem.
A single cup (about 67 grams or 2.4 ounces) of raw kale contains-
- Vitamin A: 206% of the DV (from beta-carotene)
- Vitamin K: 684% of the DV
- Vitamin C: 134% of the DV
- Vitamin B6: 9% of the DV
- Manganese: 26% of the DV
- Calcium: 9% of the DV
- Copper: 10% of the DV
- Potassium: 9% of the DV
- Magnesium: 6% of the DV
- is loaded with powerful antioxidants like Quercetin and Kaempferol.
contains 3% or more of the DV for Vitamin B1 (Thiamine), Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin), vitamin B3 (Niacin), Iron, and Phosphorus.
- is an excellent source of Vitamin C.
- can help lower Cholesterol, thereby reduce the risk of heart disease.
- is one of the world’s best source of Vitamin K.
- contains substances that are known to help in fight against cancer.
- is very high in Beta-Carotene.
- Is rich in many important minerals, some of which are generally lacking in the modern diet. These include calcium, potassium, and magnesium.
- is high in nutrients viz. lutein and zeaxanthin, which have been known to have drastically reduced the risk of macular degeneration and cataracts.
- as a nutrient-dense, low-calorie food, kale makes an excellent addition to a weight loss diet.
Lacinato Kale has tender leaves and is therefore the preferred choice of Salads. It also cooks very easily with other vegetables. It provides an earthy yet delicate flavor with a hint of nutty sweetness. It tastes absolutely delicious and makes a great crunchy, super healthy snack.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.